The Best System Award has been established with the twofold aim of enhancing the participation of young researchers and supporting open science.
A jury composed of Felice Dell’Orletta (Talia), Bernardo Magnini (FBK), Azzurra Mancini (Logogramma), Stefano Menini (FBK), Viviana Patti (UNITO) will assign the Best System Award across tasks to authors proposed by the task organizers.
Eligible systems were evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Novelty with respect to the state of the art;
- Originality (in terms of identification of new linguistic resources, identification of linguistically motivated features, and implementation of a theoretical framework grounded in linguistics);
- Critical insight, paving the way to future challenges (deep error analysis, discussion on the limits of the proposed system, discussion of the inherent challenges of the task);
- Technical soundness and methodological rigor.
- Claudiu D. Hromei, Danilo Croce, Valerio Basile and Roberto Basili. ExtremITA at EVALITA 2023: Multi-Task Sustainable Scaling to Large Language Models at its Extreme
Motivation: for testing the potential and limitations of LLMs on all EVALITA tasks. It provides a new provocative perspective on evaluation campaigns that can open discussions on new future tasks and challenges.
Prize: 500 euros from AILC.
- Elisa Leonardelli, Camilla Casula. DH-FBK at HODI: Multi-Task Learning with Classifier Ensemble Agreement, Oversampling and Synthetic Data
Motivation:for combining a multi-task classification approach with strategies for data augmentation and innovative dimensions as the estimated annotators agreement. The impact of each adopted strategy is well reported and the writing is excellent.
Motivation: for the interesting selection and analysis of the linguistic complexity features that can be used to capture the linguistic development in Italian and Spanish learners.
Prize: free registration for students for CLiC-it 2023.