The 5th evaluation campaign EVALITA 2016 was organized along the following selected tasks:
- ArtiPhon - Articulatory Phone Recognition
- FactA - Event Factuality Annotation
- NEEL-IT - Named Entity rEcognition and Linking in Italian Tweets
- PoSTWITA - POS tagging for Italian Social Media Texts
- QA4FAQ - Question Answering for Frequently Asked Questions
- SENTIPOLC - SENTIment POLarity Classification
In addition, we launched a new challenge organized by IBM Italy:
The EVALITA 2016 final workshop was held in Naples on December the 7th, 2016, as a satellite event of the 3rd Italian Conference on Computational Linguistics - CLiC-it 2016.
EVALITA 2016 is an initiative of AILC (Associazione Italiana di Linguistica Computazionale).
The final ranking of the IBM Watson Challenge is the following:
- Walter Basile and Valerio Basile: Stockle: feel the market.
- Giovanni Moretti: MARTIN: Monitoring and Analysing Real-time Tweets in Italian Natural language
- Gianni Barlacchi, Alessandro Moschitti, Andrea Mariani, Emanuele Rossinelli: Appetitoso: Search the dish, find the restaurant!
Congratulations to the winners!
Read the Storify story on the final workshop.
We thank IBM-Italy for financially supporting the IBM Watson Services Challenge.